Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 21 October 2015

Here Comes The Rain.

It was all change in the weather today. Last night's heavy rain continued to blow across the garden this morning making indoor jobs seem like the better choice. I changed some light bulbs then went around the edge of our bedroom ceiling with the mold killer spray. I've already done it once but I could just detect a faint greyness there. 
By the time I left for work the wind had died down and it felt quite warm but the cloud layer had dropped down to ground level here. I didn't emerge from under the clouds until just before Burridge. On the homeward journey when I took these photos, the clouds had dropped even lower.
At school my afternoon was again mainly spent sitting with children as they wrote the letter 'd'. I did have a TA so even though it was drizzling I asked her to be outside with  some of the children so they could use up some energy running around or riding the bikes.
At the end of the day the class teachers were in the hall for parents' evening so before I happily headed off home I made tea for those who wanted a cup. The back road seems to have been extra busy today. On my way in I had to pull over for the local bus which was a bit of a surprise as it normally goes up the main road towards Arlington. Whenever I've taken the bus home I've had to get off at the turning and walk the last few miles. The other main road is closed down at Muddiford  but I don't know why the bus was diverted. When I got to Ashelford Corner, just beyond the car in the above photo there was a large tree branch down blocking a third of of the road right on the bend. It's a good thing I waited behind the branch as a van came rushing down towards me taking up nearly all the road.
When I got home I made a batch of chocolate cup-cakes for Peter's work and that's been my day.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

First, thank you, Ruta, I appreciate you answering me. WI must be a truly good organization for women. Especially when one is widowed, a time when one needs the companionship of others.

Your photos continue to bring me such pleasure. The clouds were wonderful. Your gardens are looking very good.

We in Michigan, at least southeast Michigan, are experiencing extremely dry conditions. Rain is predicted for all day Saturday. I sure hope it comes. Ordinarily autumn here is pretty wet. Michigan is essentially a peninsular because we are surrounded by three of the great lakes. This makes for very humid days in the summer. We live very near Lake St. Clair which connects Lakes Erie and Huron. The western side which Lake Michigan abuts has a very different climate, more snow and more storms. Mostly this is lake affect weather.

One of the reasons I enjoy your blog so much is you introduce weather conditions, your gardening and schooling. These are subjects near and dear to me. Thank you.

Ruta M. said...

We must have a lot in common Harriet. Sometimes I think I'm being so very British always commenting on the weather but it is so changeable and I prefer to spend my days outside when I can so it is important to me. I find it fascinating to read what the weather is like for other people each day too.
I can't be as open as I would like about school because I have to respect the privacy of the children and their families as well as the staff but I enjoy sharing what I can. I'm glad you enjoy it.