Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 12 October 2015

The Fine Weather Continues.

Still bright and sunny for most of the day. This morning I sorted out my nursery plot. There were quite a few self sown  Linaria seedlings which I moved to the new flower bed as the bluish foliage and purple flowers will go well with the artemisia and blue grasses there. Then having identified some other ornamental grasses which had self-seeded and pulled out the raspberry canes which were attempting a take over via the blackcurrant bushes I dug over the whole patch. This was of course my style of digging ie on my knees with a hand fork. There weren't too many roots to dig out as I had been hoeing every now and again through the summer. 
At school things were a little different as there was a tent- planetarium in the hall (it's Space this term) and the Year 1's weren't having PE. Instead I stayed with one class and after phonics they had to work in pairs to write a simple acrostic poem. The objective was to get them to share ideas and check each other's work and ...... let's say they need a lot of practice with that. 
Despite it being a lovely day I drove home under a large, grey and cold cloud. By the time I had driven the rubbish up to the road for collection the sun was making a reappearance lighting up the red azalea leaves. I was able to cut and thoroughly weed the first and largest section of the bank which just happened to be in the sun. If I do one section each day the job will be done by the end of the week.

No comments: