Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 22 October 2015

Frustrating Hospital Visit.

I was not a happy bunny when at the hospital today. I'd organised my day, arrived with 10 mins to spare, had a book to read and ice-cream to look forward to when I was told that the clinic had been cancelled. That was so annoying as the timing had been just perfect giving me 10 days to recover over the half-term. Now I have to wait another 3 weeks and I'll only have 4 days before going back at school where my main 'tool' is my voice. I suppose if the consultant is ill or having to deal with an emergency then that's how it is and at least I can assume that he'll know what he is doing. By the time I got home I had a headache and my jaw was aching. Luckily I do have a good supply of pain killers and my jaw has been more of an irritation than proper tooth-ache. (Or is it jaw-ache when there's no tooth?)
I worked in the morning, which could have been all day if it wasn't for my 'appointment' so I had the pleasure of setting off to work just as the sky was beginning to lighten. No pretty sunrise, just grey clouds and drizzle. Thankfully the fallen branch at Ashelford Corner had already been cleared away. By lunchtime it was brightening up which was handy as I had things to do in town. I did some shopping at Lidl's, called in at the library and checked out the charity shops. That's where I found this small handbag, about 8" square which matches the colour of my bolero top and most importantly is big enough for my chunky camera as well as some tissues - what else does one need at a wedding? I also called in at the cookware shop, bought 3 pots of red colour and booked the hire of a 12" round cake tin for the bottom of the wedding cake. 
There were still plenty of clouds around on my journey home brightened up by the odd patch of blue sky.  When I got home I checked the house phone as I'd been told at the hospital they had left 'lots' of messages but there were only 2 messages which is hardy lots. I'm also having to go on a training day tomorrow which I had said I couldn't make on account of the stitches I thought I would have. Can't use that excuse now.


2 comments:

Harriet said...

Sorry to read of your cancellation. I have such a terrible dental fear that at my age one would think I had long ago overcome. Not the case. Love your purse, perfect and you are right, tissues and a camera pretty much are all that is needed at a wedding. I love weddings. I am so delighted to share the joy of a couple on their wedding day. My more jaded friends look at weddings as an expensive gift or money...too sad.

happyone said...

Oh how annoying to have your appointment cancelled once you got there.
Nice purse for the wedding.