Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 8 October 2015

Hospital Dental Appointment.

It was bright and chilly this morning. Soon it might be too cold for the trailing geraniums to stay outside. It was lovely being able to go back to bed with some fruit and a coffee before starting my day.
This morning I had an appointment at the hospital's dental department to investigate the continuing niggling twinges in my jaw right where I had my last tooth out. My dentist had been unable to find any problem so referred me to the hospital. It took one x-ray and a quick look in my mouth for the consultant to tell me I had an infection where the tooth had been removed. And yet my dentist had looked at the same bit of my mouth on Monday when I complained that the denture was causing me a bit of pain there. That doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. I have another hospital appointment in 2 weeks' time when they will cut open my gum to remove whatever is causing the infection, probably a bit of tooth and then stitch it up again. Luckily that is just before the half-term holiday so I won't have to go to work with a sore mouth. And it gets me out of an inset training day on the following day. Instead I'll stock up on some ice-cream and have a restful day at home.
After my 2 hours in the hospital I drove into town and did the usual things; library, charity shops and Lidl's.  It had felt so warm on the High Street that I had to take off my fleece and walk around in a vest top. 
Back home we had some rain but I was busy in the kitchen making date flap-jacks for Peter, chocolate muffins and cinnamon apple muffins for him to take to work and stewed apple for the freezer.

3 comments:

Mary Siler said...

Hello Ruta,
I'm here with Mum and Dad for a few weeks and would love to pop down for a short visit...it would be so nice to meet you in person. Are you going to be around tomorrow?
Take care. Mary

Ruta M. said...

Hi Mary,
I'm in all weekend so feel free to pop down any time though we don't get up till 9.00 on a Saturday. It would be great to see you, sort of completing the circle of connections. Ruta

happyone said...

Oh sorry to hear about your infection. Too bad the dentist couldn't have figured that out! Two weeks sounds like a long time for them to take care of the problem!