Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 11 October 2015

Roses Are Red .

It's been a dry and cooler day. Walking around the garden I can see so many things that need doing, mainly weeding but also a lot of cutting back. I cut down the second big clump of the tall crocosmia by the drive and then did a little lawn edging with the long handled shears. My back is rapidly improving but I'm trying to be sensible and not overdo things.
After my garden work I rewarded myself with some reading time outside. Squeaky soon found me and wailed to be allowed to sit on my lap. Earlier when I had been checking my emails she had missed out as both Speedy and Patch were sitting on my lap. She had stood on the desk next to me with one paw on my shoulder hoping that I would evict the other two but I thought it only fair that they should have the occasional turn on my lap.
Then it was time to sit at the kitchen table and spend a couple of hours making red fondant roses. At last they are all done and drying. Still some things to do before all is ready for the baking and decorating week but there is plenty of time. 

No comments: