Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 4 October 2015

Warm.

I obviously overdid things yesterday so I made sure that today was a proper rest day. I cooked up another pan of apples as the ones I thought were okay and put in a cool place had started to go bad. Better to have them ready stewed in the freezer to put on my morning porridge when the fruit bowl is empty. Then I had a good sort out of the pile of papers that had accumulated at the end of the kitchen table putting everything in the right folder or in the bin. Much to Squeaky's pleasure I spent a while at my pc. When I'm not sitting down she wanders around miaouing for me to stop so that she can sit on my lap. After weeks of searching I think I've found 6 decent wall lights for the sitting room. I'm too fond of the glass and black metal torchieres we have at the moment to leave them behind when we move so I shall replace them before we put the house on the market next year. 
The sun has been hidden behind the overcast skies all day but the wind has been blowing up from  the south and it has felt quite warm. As I walked around the garden I noticed that a number of plants such as the campanulas and snapdragons have begun to flower again while the roses are still going strong.



No comments: