Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 14 October 2015

Snip, Snip, Snip ...

...went my shears all morning long as I worked my way along the path above the heathers. This was accompanied by the rumble of water tumbling over stones in the stream on the other side of the bank, the chattering and creaking of an angry squirrel, dogs barking in the dog agility class next door and the metallic tapping of the farrier shoeing horses at the stables. As I worked on the steps leading up to the very top I came across a nest of woven grass the size of a grapefruit. In case there was someone asleep inside I put it carefully underneath where I'm dumping my grass cuttings.
The path itself was in the shade but the sight of the blue sky and the sun lighting up the tops of the trees made everything quite cheery. It has been another lovely day but the shade is getting colder. 
In the afternoon I was with the Reception children and after phonics I had 45 mins to do letter formation with 27 children which was quite a challenge. Some could form the letter (a) in their books with the minimum of guidance while others were happily putting any sort of mark across the page. Before the staff meeting we had a 'learning walk' around all the classrooms with each teacher pointing out all the different areas and resources in their rooms. This is all practice for the day the inspectors come which could be at any time, but it is also good to share the best ideas. I'm in and out of most of the classrooms but I know that when you have your own class you don't get much chance to see what is going on in especially in the other year groups.
I didn't get home until late but there was just time to cut one more section of the bank. Then I swept up leaves on the patio and by the time Peter got home I was hoovering up some of the leaves on the flowerbed which is covered with stones and gravel. The leaves were not dry enough to crumble as they went up the hoover tube so I did have to keep clearing the tube with a cane. Still it did save me some bending. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Pretty yellow leaves with sun shining on them.