Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 20 October 2015

Still Sunny.

The sun was shining again today. I had an hour to spend working in the garden before school so I made a start on weeding the rocky hillside. It was very satisfying to pull out the brambles and loosestrife complete with their roots. I worked my way up the slope clearing the moss from the  tops of the stones that make up my secret steps as well as any weeds growing amongst the hardy geraniums. I didn't quite get to the top but already it is looking a lot better.
At school I was in the reception class for quite a hectic afternoon. Hectic because I didn't have a teaching assistant so had to keep all the children in the room instead of letting half play outside. I still had to get them all to practise writing  'g' in their  books and mark each book. 
After school I dropped into a friend's house for a cuppa and to see the renovations she's recently had done. It was great to chat and to relax after such a full on afternoon. After that I went down to the Co-Op. I needed 2 things but only came out with one of them plus some good reductions, mainly cheeses. Then I met another ex-colleague in the car park and we had a long chat catching up on each other's news.
Driving home there was a subtly pretty sun-set, mostly greys and pinks. 

1 comment:

Mary Siler said...

Hi Ruta, I got back to the USA yesterday and am reading your blog with even more interest. It was so nice to visit with you and Pete while I was at home there in Devon; to have a cup of tea and get to know the one behind the blog...thanks so much for the lovely, warm welcome! Mary