Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 30 May 2017

Overcast.

Apart from an hour in the afternoon when the sun did its best to appear the day has been overcast and windy. It was quite cool in the morning and the air felt damp but the rain held off.
Today's gardening job was to weed this nursery bed. I had been doing emergency weeding of any weeds that looked as if they were about to flower but today I wanted to clear the small ground hugging weeds. I started by the path and was surprised at just how dry the soil was. It crumbled easily and I was able to pick out most of the tiny weeds and tall moss. By the time I reached the end I'd had enough and finished by simply breaking up the soil and removing the larger weeds. At least it looks more presentable now.
 A golden ringed dragonfly, the first I've seen this year.

No comments: