Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 3 May 2017

Sunny and Cloudy.

Today we've had some excellent sunny and breezy weather interrupted by several grey and cooler spells.
I went out intending to tidy up the tall ornamental grasses by the yard but after clearing away some of the clumps I saw that everything was overgrown around the top of the buried waste water treatment tank. So instead I tidied up around there getting rid of some stinging nettles and disturbing a large frog. Now it looks a lot neater and I'll have to finish the ornamental grasses another day.
I saw this peacock butterfly sitting on the ground during a cold spell. It was so lethargic that when I gently touched it it just opened its wings for a moment before closing them up again. Looking at the ragged state of its wings this individual is from last year.
Apologies for the blurriness of this photo of the geese family from yesterday but if you look carefully you can see all the goslings nestled on the mother's back.

3 comments:

happyone said...

Do you ever get tired doing all the weeding? : )
How cute to see all the goslings on their mother's back!

Ruta M. said...

I don't get tired but my back and knees do.

happyone said...

I know what you mean!! : )

I'd rather be weeding than house cleaning!! : )