Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 9 May 2017

Still Sunny.

My first look through the window revealed only clouds but it didn't take long for them to clear giving us yet another sunny day. 
It was nearly mid-day by the time the carpet fitter turned up. I find it quite hard to relax or settle to do anything when I know that somebody is coming so I didn't get much done in the morning. However it didn't take long for the new carpet to be laid and we now have another upgraded room.  
Peter had to go into town to meet a friend but when he went to leave his car battery was flat. We sat in his car yesterday during the viewing and he had turned on the ignition so we could open the windows then forgot to turn it off when we got out to say goodbye. Luckily he was able to take my car though he complained about the restricted view compared to his 4x4.
In the afternoon I made a start of washing the slabs around the scree garden with the pressure washer. It was so much better now that the pump was fixed and I don't have to stop after only a couple of slabs. It's very satisfying to see a year's worth of black algal growth washed off especially from the white stones that marked the edges of the swimming pool.

No comments: