Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 17 February 2021

A Bird's Eye View.

Mostly cloudy today with a few showers and some sunny spells. Peter and I went for a morning beach walk at high tide. It was windy but not too cold. 
The new plasterer came this morning and began the process of repairing my wonky windows by adding a thick layer of plaster to level out the sides. He came back later and added a skim layer and it's now looking a lot better. Also looking better is the sitting room after I put on two more coats of paint around the French doors. I used my little roller and apart from some smears on the door frames there was surprisingly little mess. 


This afternoon with Peter as back-up in the street, encouraging me and being there to phone for help in the unlikely event of an accident, I climbed up the ladder to stand right up on the roof. Looking to the front the black rectangle is the roof over the bay window which should be coming down next week.
Those are our chimneys on the right which are going to be removed. A good thing too seeing the cracks in the concrete holding the pots on. Not much fun if those chimney pots fell off and through the roof.
A view of half of the back garden with the new fence built by the builders.
Looking up our road. That's our camper in the neighbours' front yard. We've just heard that the storage place has a space for the camper under cover so we'll be moving it soon. And it's only going to be £30 a month. 
I went out and did some gardening in the afternoon. Not digging up brambles with the fork but working on my knees clearing some of the remaining ivy from around one of the hydrangeas. I prised out one bramble clump growing right on top of the hydrangea's roots. As I dug I wasn't too sure if I was pulling out the right set of roots so I may have left some bramble roots in the ground. I'll soon know if the brambles start popping up. 


No comments: