Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 21 February 2021

Mild.

Mild today with a mix of light rain and sunny spells.
I'm glad we don't live up on the hills as there are usually clouds sitting on them like frosting on cupcakes.
I didn't go out for a beach walk but instead did some gardening. A few more brambles dug up and then I turned my attention to the hedge at the end of the garden. The spikey bush (Eleagnus) does a good job as a windbreak and providing privacy from the many passers-by but other than that it is fairly boring and spikey.  While I was digging up brambles I noticed that an escallonia and a cheery yellow euonymus were being smothered by the hedge so thought I'd give them some space. Starting on the left I began freeing up a hydrangea on the end and working my way along. I got as far as the centre of the hedge which now looks rather brown. Hopefully new growth will spring from the cut branches. 
And that's been about it for today.
Evening colours.


 

1 comment:

happyone said...

We finally had a whole day of wonderful sunshine!!