Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 15 February 2021

Warmer.

Mostly cloudy today but when the clouds did part and let the sun shine through it felt very warm indeed.
I had to go and collect the second curtain pole from Argos today so while I was there I called in to Lidl as well. They've now got their Easter chocolates in and very tempting they are too. On the way home I stopped at the builders' merchants and bought white paint for when the builders complete the end of the inner hall and also to touch up around the French doors over the new plasterwork. Luckily builder no. 1 told me the make of paint that had been used as each make of white is slightly different. The new builders are using a different make of white for the utility and my study which is fine.
It was so nice and warm that for both my gardening sessions I didn't bother with a jacket. Quite a few more brambles have been dug up today though there are still plenty left. While I'm out there I go over my plans for the garden making adaptions to my original grand plan as I work out how to do things in stages and try and think of clever/economical ways to achieve a beautiful and practical garden.
It was too nice not to go for a walk. The tide was on its way out and the lower beach was covered with sand. This sand layer is constantly changing, often it's washed away to reveal the stones or the petrified tree stumps underneath.
Below- somebody posted this postcard of 'Sunny Borth Beach' (1990) on the local FB page. This was before the rock sea defences were put in with just the shingle bank to protect the shore line from erosion.


On today's walk I had another attempt to capture the seagull reflections.
I managed to get the reflections but because the black headed gulls and herring gulls are mostly white it's hard to pick up details. I shall keep on trying.

 

No comments: