Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 14 February 2021

Warmer.

A much warmer wind blowing today which has brought rain, clouds and higher temperatures. All the dainty icicles hanging from our roof and terrace railing have gone though I'm pretty sure I saw some big icicles still hanging off the cliff. (The tide was in so we couldn't go and look closely.)
It seems that Peter was caught out by the sudden reoccurrence of Valentine's Day, (it's not not like happens on the same date each year) so instead of a card or gift he volunteered to come for a walk along the beach. We stopped at the shop because he had finished the Bara Brith (fruity Welsh tea bread/cake) I'd bought the other day. Along with the Bara Brith I treated myself to a bag of vegetable crisps which are nicer than the vegetable tortilla chips.
There was a lone surfer while we were out on our walk and now (4.00) there are at least a dozen of them in the water as the larger waves roll in.
My afternoon was spent doing admin and playing the piano getting the hang of Farewell to Stromness. I also cut off the two wall light wires sticking out of the wall and made a start on filling the holes. One hole was quite big so I thought I'd better do it in two stages. The filled holes will be behind the curtains so it doesn't matter if it's not a perfect finish.
 

No comments: