Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 24 February 2021

Grey.

Grey again today but with much less wind.
Today I ventured into Aber for some shopping. I needed to buy petrol, for only the second time in the 5 months we've been here, so planned to only go to Morrisons out on the other side of town as there's a petrol station there. In the end, because there was a complete lack of any multi vitamins in Morrisons I ended up going back to Lidl, no multi vitamins there either and then walking up the main shopping street where I found some in Superdrug. I think that people must be making an effort to stay healthy and boost their immune systems. I like to go to Morrisons once in a while as they have more choice. Today I found sauerkraut (only one jar on the shelf) in the small Polish section and half price mixed trays of spring rolls, prawn toast and chicken wontons. I went to buy oat cakes but the space on the shelf was empty however when I checked out the reduced bakery goods there were two packets of oat cakes, hooray.
I'd planned to go to Charlie's (outdoor stuff) but they were closed because of the lockdown. My final planned stop was B&M where I usually moon over the fluffy throws and while they were open a lot of the shelves including throws and cushions, were closed off. But I did find this set of decorative steel balls for the garden for £10. I do like spheres in the garden and still regret not buying some large terracotta garden spheres that I saw many years ago and have since failed to find anywhere. 
By the time I got home there wasn't time to do much else apart from hand wash the 'cat' tea cosy which I'd left soaking after one too many tea spills. The passage by the side of the house still needs a general tidy up and the slabs pressure washing but it's nice to see the flowering bulbs.
This morning while I was putting out the recycling I saw my neighbour and asked how they'd got on with the plumber. He was really happy that Ron had fixed their leak and because it was just a matter of tightening up some nuts had only charged £10. No call out charge which is pretty amazing. I'm glad we were able to help.
 

No comments: