Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 28 February 2021

Sunny.

Still sunny. 
While Peter got on with de-nailing the wood from the pallet I had more fun out in the front garden. I'm almost at the end of the bramble marathon. Today's targets were growing through the slabs under the old garden bench. I got most of the roots out but there were a couple of enormous roots going straight down which I shall douse with strong weed killer. Sadly, the old bench which I'd hoped to restore, fell apart when I moved it. Both the side supports and some other sections had rotted away. All I could do was break up the bench which now forms a small pile. Then I got on with more bashing and clearing but was foiled by one section of the wall where the cement holding the three blocks together was too hard for me to break. Other blocks have been stacked, the soil relocated and more Vinca planted under the hedge.
With the sun still shining and the low tide even further out Peter joined me for a walk along the beach. Lots of people out enjoying the beach with children running in and out of the waves. It was warm enough for us to go out wearing body warmers rather than jackets though once we were out Peter did mutter that he should have worn his jacket. After yesterday's walk I realised I'd caught the sun on my face so have started slathering on sunscreen (factor 30) to minimise sun damage. 

Take a look at the houses in the photo above, just to the right of the green post is a roof much lower than its neighbours. This 10 ft wide property recently appeared for sale on the local FB page. One bedroom up in the loft, one shower room with toilet, a second bedroom/living room on the first (US second) floor with a wooden walkway overlooking the beach and a street level kitchen looking on to a tiny yard and high block wall (to protect against high tides). All this could be yours for a mere £250,000. I couldn't put in a link to the details because they're no longer on the web presumably because the house is already under offer.  Very nice so long as you don't mind the risk of flooding from the sea at the front and occasionally from the rivers behind. 


 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Too bad about the bench!