Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 28 July 2012

13C.

It was all change with the weather today. The temp was down to 13C, there were clouds in the sky and even the occasional heavy shower. After yesterday's excitement and staying up late last night I was quite tired today. I got up quite early and hung washing on the line but the 2nd load of washing has spent the whole day swooshing around in the machine. That machine is so on its way out. I've just tried switching it off for a while and seeing if that is any better but I think I'll have to listen for the end of a spin and then switch it off again to rescue my sheets.
Obviously I was up late watching the Olympic Opening Ceremony. I'm in 2 minds about it and overall I don't think it matched the Beijing ceremony. Parts were impressive but others seemed to be quite obscure and by the deafening silence of the commentators they didn't get the references either though was Hobbiton deliberate or not? I loved the use of children and the fact that our NHS was highlighted but jive? And while we all love the Beatles and having the whole stadium singing Hey Jude was brilliant am I the only person who thought that Paul McCartney's voice let him down, (no fault of his after all he is 70)? On the other hand we enjoyed all the music references. Indeed Tubular Bells is the album on top of the pile next to my PC waiting to be transferred onto the hard drive. The cauldron concept was brilliant but my very favourite moment of the whole evening had to be Ronald Atkinson in the persona of Mr Bean. That was a real laugh out loud moment.

No comments: