Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 15 July 2012

Breezy.

Hooray! For the first time in years St Swithins Day has been dry. A bright and breezy day, hot during the sunny spells and not quite chilly when the fast moving clouds obscure the sun. I could settle for having the next 40 days of the same weather. More sun would have been nice but I can always find a sheltered spot in this rambling garden.I was up early and back out in the garden to get on with my last minute weeding. Today I did clear the brambles that were popping up on the bank and I also cleared the path along the heather bank that had become quite over grown. I had to cut back some of the heathers so I planted up several rows of cuttings in the vegetable plot.

As a sort of belated birthday treat for Peter we went to the Station Inn to introduce Linas to the tasty and ample carvery.

Once again the beef and pork lived up to our expectations. The desserts looked very tempting but none of us had any space left so we went and sat outside to enjoy the view and watch the alpacas.


"The food here is supposed to be rather good."

"I said, THE FOOD HERE IS RATHER GOOD."


"Nah. We prefer to relax with a mud bath."


Back home I abandoned my plans for a quiet afternoon and did yet more weeding around the scree garden. The paved area is now completely weed free which is quite satisfying. There will be plenty of time for relaxing later.

1 comment:

happyone said...

What a face!! : )
Your work in the garden is never done. Glad you got some nice weather to work in it.