Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 11 July 2012

Not A Good Day.

I was all set for tomorrow's operation when I got a phone call at 5.00 with some wonderful news. "I'm very sorry but due to staff shortages your operation has been cancelled." I bet none of the private patients have been bumped and when I asked ever so politely if any of them had been cancelled the reply was evasive. I will have to wait until after they have spoken to my consultant in the morning to find out how long I will have to wait for another chance but I do know that he will be away until the 30th of August. To say I was gutted would be an understatement. So many arrangements made and remade, and I've pushed myself to the limit with the decorating and garden work only to find that I am going to have to wait once again.


Then after all that the Internet went squit so I couldn't even let my boss know that I'll be back at work next week, I'll eat the chocolates and keep the card from everyone for next time. Linas was down in Plymouth for the day and I ended up having to drive late to the station to pick him up. At least when he got home he was able to reset the router and get me back on line.


So not a good evening.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Sorry to hear of your bad day.
Sure hope today finds things going your way.

I've sent up a little prayer for you. : )

Marrisa said...

How frustrating, not only all the planning around it all but emotionally getting ready for it too, then to be told its not happening, how awful. Hugs to you x