Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 21 July 2012

Hotter.

It was sunny again today with less breeze making it feel hotter. Let's hope that we're in for a long hot summer, or a couple of weeks at least.My back pain as continued to lessen and I was able to sleep the morning away while Peter and Linas went off to help with the Green Man Day, our local festival. Peter was there in 2 guises, firstly to help pull one of the gigs up Pilton Street and set up a publicity stand for the gig club and then with Linas to act as a marshall for the procession. Linas was taking my place a marshall which consists of having a briefing from Gareth our local PC, wearing a high-vis vest and stopping traffic as the Green Man and his followers danced through the streets. It was a shame to miss the festival with the music, stalls and craft stands as well as the owl man but I'm not ready to go out yet.
I spent the afternoon reading outside and enjoying the sun. It got so hot I had to sit in the shade with just my legs stuck out into the sun. My poor legs seem to take forever to even turn a shade browner. When I was a small child my days were spent on the beach clad in nothing but a sun hat and I was golden all over but then there came many years of living in London with my legs hidden by jeans. It is only now that I have slid into disreputable middle age that I spend all my summers in shorts, (It is very rare to see anyone over the age of 20 wearing shorts in this country, blame our rotten weather and natural reserve), and my legs stubbornly remain many shades lighter than my arms. (I only wish for a light colouring and a dark tan is not something I aspire to but fish white is not good either.)
While I relaxed Linas strimmed all the grass that the mower hadn't reached and he and Peter cooked up another barbecue. They are still working on their burger recipe to make burgers that don't fall apart on the barbecue. I then retired up the hill to catch the last of the sun before escaping, still in my PJ's to walk up to say hello to the ponies, and get bitten by a horse fly.

No comments: