Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 22 July 2012

Blue Skies.

Not a cloud in the sky today. From a breakfast sitting outside to the barbecue we are soon to eat my day has been spent outside mainly reading yet another library book. I wake each day in happy anticipation of good weather and an improvement in my pain levels and so far I have not been disappointed. The novelty of being carers has worn off and I find that requests from me are met with heavy sighs and lists of things they have already done. Never mind, I am used to doing things within the bounds of my physical limits and I have been very careful. The only thing I really struggle with is picking things up from the floor so that I don't attempt. There is also so disagreement as to what constitutes 'finished' for some of the bigger jobs. I'm one of those fussy people who like tools to be put away, rubbish to be cleared up and the area put back to the way it was before. Blokes, or at least the ones in this house, simply don't understand.

2 comments:

Liz in PA said...

Yes, the men in my house (husband and adult son) also think I am too demanding at times!
We women are multi-taskers and they seem to be only able to handle one thing at a time.....so frustrating, isn't it?
Take care, you sound like you are on the path to good health soon, and probably are storing up all that energy for all the jobs you'll need to tackle yourself!
CONGRATS to England on Bradley Wiggins winning the Tour de` France!

Ruta M. said...

Hi Liz,
I do get so annoyed when I am painted as the person upsetting everyone else with my requests for things to be tidy/clean. Yes it would be lovely (for everyone else) if I quit moaning and got on with doing things myself but why the h... should I act as a servant. The struggle for equality continues...