Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 13 July 2012

Mostly Rain.

It has been raining for most of the day but nothing like yesterday's downpours. Eventually the sun came out and I was able to get outside. My first job was to clear the gutters at the back of the house as I am the only one who is prepared to climb ladders. The back gutters are not that high but clearing the smelly leaves is not the most pleasant of jobs.
I also cleared away the sticks and leaves caught on the pipe and the fence that cross our stream. There was even a small metal stool that had washed down the stream but 2 of the 3 legs are broken so it will have to go down to the dump. Peter and Linas had gone into town and I was tempted, briefly, to start on repairing the drive but then decided my time was better spent weeding. It is good to have a few more days to get rid of those pesky weeds. Normally I work on the principle that I can ignore any weeds I can't see but today I was searching out every tiny seedling. Any weeds left will have 2 months to grow unhindered so I want to clear everything.
This evening I had a phone call from my GP (doctor) regarding the results of the ultrasound I had done last week. He cautiously approached the subject of 'discussing options' whereupon I told him I was quite happy to have the gall bladder taken out asap. Now all I have to do is wait for that operation but the waiting time should be weeks not months.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Ruta........Best of luck with both your surgery as well as your healing time. Take care, follow instructions and relax.