Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 27 July 2012

A Great Day.


I've had a really lovely day today. This has been due to a group of friends coming round for ... well it was either a late lunch or an early tea. Let's call it an afternoon soiree. Basically we sat out in the garden chatting, drinking tea and eating lots of home-made food. The weather has been a lot cooler today with more clouds in the sky and a brisker breeze but it was still sunny without the wearing heat of the last few days.

I was too busy having a great time with my friends to remember to take photos so here is an after shot of the cheesecake I made (wasn't sure just how many of us there would be). Everyone brings food so we had a selection of salads, smoked salmon, ham, cheese, both egg and tuna mayonnaise as well as fruit & biscuits. Linas has been a great help all day, moving chairs, mowing the lawns and acting as our waiter. He even did all the washing up. This is my kind of party. Maybe it's because I don't drink (2 week hangovers!) but I don't really enjoy the kind of party where you have to 'mingle' with lots of people you don't know, many of whom are getting slightly worse for the wear. Far nicer to sit with a small group of friends whom you can relax with. I wasn't even worried that my house is not spotless, (they know about my op, indeed they obligingly oohed and aahed at my scar and bruises), and anyway they are the kind of people who don't worry about such things.


Peter came home at the end of the 'soiree' so the chat continued. Soon we will be settling down to watch the Olympic Opening Ceremony. I wonder if it will be as impressive as the Beijing ceremony.

1 comment:

Liz in PA said...

I am watching the London 2012
Olympic Opening Ceremonies.
They are having the parade of nations now.
It is totally FABULOUS!
THE QUEEN and PRINCE PHILLIP looked very keen!

Can't wait to watch some of the contests this next week. ENJOY!