Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Cool & Wet.

Back once more to our usual summer weather. Grey, often wet and 11-12C (the side bar display gives the weather in town). Today I changed out of my pj's, (I'm seeing how much of the summer I can spend in nightwear), so that Linas and I could take some junk to the Ilfracombe dump and drop into Tescos on the way back.
I had to show these lovely flowers which my friend brought me the other day, they are especially appreciated as they are the only flowers I have been given. Not that I need flowers with the garden looking so good.

So today when we were in Tescos I bought myself a non-fattening treat. The colour is an even more intense purple than in the picture. Sometimes I do well with orchids and sometimes not. I bought one for my classroom and that flowered for 2 years but hasn't done so well at home.

Nothing much else happening at home. I spent the morning checking out washing machines, even looking on eBay. Buying new can be from £200 - £3,000 (Miele) so I might just go for a local reconditioned one. The one I have is an Indesit, I know they are rubbish so I don't think it is worth getting someone in to repair it. You pay at least £50 for someone just to come out. I think it's the electronic programming gone wrong as it just keeps on going on and on and won't stop. I might even let Linas take the top off so we can have a poke around because I don't think we could make it worse.

1 comment:

happyone said...

What a lovely country road to walk down. Reminds me of the road up by our land that I walk.
The flowers are beautiful. Such a kind friend you have. : )