Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 14 July 2012

Dry.

We have been lucky enough to have another dry day. This gave me the chance to spend yet more time in the garden. I had planned to pull out a few brambles and ferns that had escaped my attention earlier in the year but as I went to collect my weeding kit; bucket, grubber and foam mats to kneel on, I couldn't pass the small weeds that once again were popping up between the paving slabs around the scree garden. Until we get round to re-pointing those slabs the many gaps are a haven for weeds and moss. As I hope to be able to spend a lot of my summer sitting in the scree garden I couldn't bear the thought of having to look at all those weeds sprouting up (bending is a definite no no this summer). So I started at one side of the scree garden and worked my way round on hands and knees removing every tiny seedling that was visible. A redundant pair of eyebrow tweezers made an excellent tool for this job. It took all afternoon to get halfway round, hopefully it won't rain tomorrow and I can get the rest done. So some good has come out of the delay to my op though cold callers are getting very short shrift from us as any phone call could be that dreaded cancellation.
Peter went to the gym and took Linas into town with him. Once home Linas got on with repairing the drive,( lots of raking, shovelling and then heaving of barrow loads of stones), while Peter prepared another barbecue (Linas also made some burgers using our little burger press). Delicious smells are wafting in as I type and hopefully the rain will hold off so that we can eat outside.

No comments: