Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Missing The Hospital Bed.

No pictures today as I have spent most of my time in bed with occasional walks around the bedroom. I do think that being sent home the day after your operation is more in the hospital's interests than the patient's and another day in hospital would have been better. The main reason for this is the bed. In hospital I was able to maneuver on and off the bed quite easily but when you are so vulnerable you find that the lower height of a standard bed makes such a lot of difference. Also having a memory foam mattress makes it hard to support yourself on other parts of your body when you try to move to a new position. Being able to raise the top of the bed with the electronic controller was also a great help. (I was advised not to play with the controls for the foot end.) Yesterday it was very painful getting in and out of my own bed and moving from my side (when my bad hips become too painful) to my back was quite an unpleasant experience. Today the pain is slightly better, walking about is almost pain free and sitting in an office chair is bearable for a while but I shall be heading back to bed soon.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Sorry to hear that you are in pain and hope you will improve quickly.

Liz in PA said...

Thank you RUTA for all the info about Hospitalization in England.
It is probably similar to many procedures here in the U.S. Of course every hospital is different.
As far as I know here, you do not need to be put on a Waiting List.
In most instances your Doctors request the needed procedures ASAP.
Many times you can go to:
OUT PATIENT Surgery also known as
In and Out the same day. This mainly for minor procedures not requiring a hospital stay.

PLEASE DO GET ALL THE REST YOU NEED, and ALL THE HELP FROM YOUR FAMILY. It always amazes me at how weak one feels after being hospitilized apon returning home.

So take care dear heart.....read, nap, etc. .....do not worry about not writing daily in your blog....you need this recovery time. Hugs, Liz in PA