Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Garden Work.

We had a little sun in the morning but it didn't last very long. I've realised that my gardening is about to come for a halt for the summer so I've been frantically weeding as much as I can. I went over the whole of the scree garden this morning as well as the bank by the drive. It rained in the afternoon but cleared up before I came home from work so I was able to weed all of the vegetable patch and plant out the 4 squash plants I had grown from seed. There were 10 seeds in the packet I bought but only 4 germinated so I have kept them safe from slugs in the conservatory. Now they are out in the big wide world protected only by a scattering of slug pellets. I really don't like to use slug pellets but if I didn't there wouldn't be a stalk left by tomorrow. I also had a good tidy up of the planted stone wall.
Driving in to work I saw what was probably a weasel disappearing into the roadside verge.

No comments: