Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 6 July 2012

A Tidy House.

I was too busy in the morning to take any photos and by the time I thought about it the rain had started. Indeed there is a red weather warning out for heavy rain and possible flooding in South Devon. It has taken all day but now the house is tidy and ready for visitors. I keep telling myself that if I tidied up and cleaned on a more regular basis it would look like this all the time but who am I kidding? I had a few extra jobs when first a curtain pole fell down in one of the newly decorated bedrooms. The fittings have been loose for over 10 years because the old plaster & stone wall is not the easiest surface to fix things to so I decided to sort them out while we decorated. Result- when I put back the heavy lined and padded floor length curtains the whole lot fell down. I've used some strong builders fixative to glue the plugs back into the wall and after ferreting around in my store of fabric and stuff that might be useful one day, I found a lilac and blue shower curtain which is not too offensive and very light so that our friends can have some privacy. Next I opened a drawer to find that a microwavable hottie had been discovered by some mice and the wheat filling was scattered about. I also had to spend an hour digging away at the base of a drain pipe in the garden which takes away the water from the bedroom sink. Supposedly to a soak-away which wasn't soaking away so the whole drain was filled with smelly stagnant water. I managed a temporary fix on that and Linas will put in a proper drain later. With all that rushing around I slightly messed up the batch of flapjacks I made and they are a bit crumbly because I used too many oats. So I've melted some chocolate and poured it over the flapjacks to stop them from crumbling. I've also baked a chocolate chunk cake and right now Peter is making a chicken tikka masala for tomorrow night's supper.


Aargh! Another disaster! I went to check on the flapjacks, okay I was going to have a sneaky taste, and I found that the tray had slipped off the pile of plates in the cupboard (everything has to be shut away with our greedy cats), and half the flapjacks had slid off the tray. A nice mess of oats and sticky chocolate over the plates and cupboard. It's all cleared up now and I've put the tray in the freezer instead.


All that's left now is some ironing which I shall do while watching Slumdog Millionaire. A bit of dancing might go on at the same time.

No comments: