Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 24 July 2012

26C

Another hot day. Because there is only so much time you can spend sitting on wooden garden chairs, even with cushions and an ample rear, after putting some washing in the machine I stayed in bed for the morning alternating between dozing and listening to the radio.
Aside from a long session at the piano my afternoon was spent outside deciding between shade and sun, by the house or up at the scree garden. All was peaceful at home as Linas had to go up to Bristol for the day. Each time I walked up the drive there was the delicious smell of new hay from the bank that Linas strimmed a few days ago.

All went pear shaped when Linas and Peter arrived home. I was in a bad mood because having finally perfected an ungainly sumo-style squat which gives me access to the fridge, I discovered a punnet and a quarter of strawberries nearly all of which were mouldy because no-one had thought to offer them to me last week. Peter was in a bad mood because he had to wait to pick Linas up from the station and then Linas got in a mood because I had inadvertently shut the door of his bedroom with a cat inside. The cat had done what cats do in a box of Linas' t-shirts and I didn't feel my back would cope with clearing up the mess which normally I would have done. So it ended up with all 3 of us yelling at each other and now there is an uneasy truce with each of us in a separate room, Families eh?



1 comment:

Harriet said...

Oh, Ruta, when it rains it pours. Perhaps today will find you and your family in better accord. Glad to read you are doing really good. Enjoy the sun, your garden and reading.