Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 23 July 2012

22C

The wonderful weather continues with the temperature at 22C all day. Once again I slept the morning away. Well, I woke and drank the tea Peter made me as he got ready for work, watched a TV programme and then went back to sleep. When I finally emerged from my slumber I had my first shower and hair wash for a week. Boy did that feel good. Although I've a waterproof plaster over the incision (which comes off tonight, ouch), I've preferred to err on the side of caution and wash at the sink.
Then there was nothing to do but sit outside in the sun, or more often, in the dappled shade, read a book and make myself the occasional cup of tea. It was so peaceful by the scree garden with only the sounds of water rushing over the stones in the stream, the buzzing of bees and the occasional huffle of the ponies in the field. Linas drove into town with Peter in the morning and walked back in the afternoon. When he got home Linas made me a nice cous-cous salad with smoked cheese as I didn't fancy anything heavier.


And that has been my very relaxed day.

No comments: