Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 24 March 2013

Cold.


Even the bright yellow of the first daffodils failed to make the garden look spring-like today. We didn't have any rain or snow but a bitter wind blew all day under the grey sky.
While Peter went off to race at Appledore, I stayed home and got on with some housework. My plan was to do some ironing but as the duvet cover is so big first I needed to hoover the sitting room. There was no point in just doing the sitting room so I carried on and hoovered the whole of the downstairs. I don't mind hoovering but then I see all the woodwork etc that could do with a wipe-over. Somehow I managed to resist because once that was done no doubt something else would have needed doing and before you know it I would have turned into a ....... housewife. Bah, I'm not married to our house and life is too short for constant cleaning.

2 comments:

Harriet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
happyone said...

I like the picture of the leaf floating in the water.
Not much like spring around here either - just too cold.