Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 14 March 2013

Sunny.

The sun was out again today but even midway through the morning any part of the garden that was in the shade was still covered in frost.
The rest of the garden was so inviting I would have eaten my breakfast (porridge oats with fresh strawberries, blueberries and sunflower seeds), outside if the garden table wasn't still up in the shed. The Muddiford road is still closed so there was extra traffic on our country road. and the farmers were out taking advantage of this good weather to get fertiliser and muck out onto the fields. As I drove in to work a very large open top truck was stuck at Ashelford Corner. The side road that makes the T of this junction has an extra steep incline for about 20ft at the junction and the truck looked as if it had failed to get up the slope. The trailer part was was raised up on metal ramps and an empty trailer was next to it. I surmised that they were going to take the heavy load off before they could move the truck. 
And coming home I saw my guess had been accurate as the fertiliser had been dumped, half across the drive, by one of Mr Lewis' fields. I don't suppose Paul will have been too pleased to have his customers' access almost blocked by this pile. The forecast is for rain tomorrow so they will have to be out early to get it shifted and spread.

1 comment:

Jackj said...

We put the lime thair