Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 2 March 2013

Thank You.

The sun has been shining today which boosted my spirits. The first job of the day was to sort out the form for the new driving licence  and by going through some of my folders and clearing out old stuff to shred (got to watch out for identity thieves you know) I was able to find all the documents I needed. Paperwork done the sun was calling me and I spent the rest of the day working outside. I fixed the gate into the hen run, nailing the wire netting back onto the frame and adding some sound wood to the gatepost so that the hinge could be screwed back on. I'm not worried about the last hen escaping, she could jump over the sagging wire fence if she felt inclined, but I was getting fed up with catching my hand on the loose wire every time I went into the run. After a little hoeing in the nursery bed, once the veg plot, I was able to find a patch of sun in the scree garden where there was some weeding to be done. It was so peaceful with the warm sun on my back and the sound of the birds around.
In these recent weeks of sorrow there have been so many acts of kindness that have helped us through this difficult time and I feel it is only right to share some of the ways we have been helped. In those early days when I was in a state of shock and despair the love and sympathy from family and friends was a real comfort. The daily emails and Facebook messages allowed me to read and respond in my own time in a way that would not, and is still hard, be possible with phone calls. We are so grateful to Shasleigh and her family in Belfast who dealt with official matters in those early days when we were all, and that includes Shasleigh, at our most vulnerable. The support of our boys and their presence here reminded us that we are a family and how much that means to us. To have them here (and our closest friends whom we consider as family), gave us the strength to get through the funeral and the final farewell. We will forever be grateful to Laura's (Romas' girlfriend) parents who drove him here straight away, a journey of over 4 hours each way. There were so many acts of kindness, from our neighbour arriving with a big tin of biscuits to a card from our regular postman. Indeed we have had so many cards and flowers, some still arriving as word has spread around the community. My friends at work have been so supportive, those who knew Linas came to the funeral and everyone has made it so easy for me to return to work. I only hope that they know just how grateful I am for all their support. 

No comments: