Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 4 March 2013

Mild.

The sun was out today and it was relatively mild. After a late start I decided that today should be another gardening day. I had planned to do some weeding but then I thought it would be better to get on with the mowing. It was the first cut of the year but I still managed to get round the whole garden. That included the wild flower meadow which only gets cut once a year. I was doing well until I decided that it would be good to hand pull all the long matted grass that was lying flat on the ground. Naturally I didn't have any gloves on so it made my hands a bit sore. Only when the postman turned up did I realise that I was dripping blood from a grass cut so after that I did the sensible thing and found some gardening gloves.
Peter took himself into town for a session at the gym. I'm glad he got out but he's annoyed at the difference not going for a month has made. He'll make a decision about going to the Scillies after a few more sessions and a row at the weekend. That's if we can get tickets on the Scillonian especially now that the helicopter service from Penzance stopped last autumn. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

It is amazing how fast we can get out of shape again!
That must have been a nasty grass cut to be bleeding like that.
It will be a while here yet before mowing has to be done! A snow storm is on the way tonight.