Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Warming Up.

Snow and ice have caused disruption to most of the UK except for the western coastal areas which is us - hooray! The news reports were full of tales of stranded motorists, miles of tail backs and lots of transport closures. Even Europe has been affected. So we have escaped lightly with bright sunshine today and just a little snow remaining on Exmoor. The wind was quite bitter this morning and when I went to feed my solitary hen the full watering can that I keep there to top up her water, had frozen into a solid block of ice. 
Leaving for work this lunchtime I was flabbergasted to look down the road and see a bus. Apart from the occasional tourist coach buses just don't come down our country road. Even the children's school buses were small minibuses. But this was a 301 heading for Combe Martin. Then I remembered that there were detour signs down at the Muddiford turn-off so we must have been on the detour route.
I was teaching art in the afternoon and the children found it so hard to draw a profile portrait of a friend. We had the weirdest pictures and one child decided that as a profile shows half a face they would draw a full face portrait and then rub half of it out. Not quite the learning objective of drawing what they see.

No comments: