Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 26 March 2013

Still Cold.


Once again it has been bitterly cold but thankfully dry here in the South-West. Another bug is sweeping through the school so I ended up teaching in the Reception class for the whole day. The children were all quite excited as we had our Easter hat parade in the afternoon and the PTA had organised an Easter Fayre in the hall. One little boy spent the whole day asking me if it was time to have the cakes now? He didn't quite grasp the fact that he had to wait until after school. A small flutter ran through some of the staff this morning as we were unexpectedly visited by a whole fire crew doing a spot check of our fire precautions. When they asked me about smoke detectors in my classroom I could only point to the security sensors which are not really the same thing. The presence of firemen in their uniform wandering around the place only increased the children's excitement levels.
In lieu of anything interesting to photograph in our grey environment I offer a couple of photos pulled from the web showing the current conditions in the rest of the country. I did spot one article that said freezing until after Easter and then a heatwave but I suspect there might be more optimism than science in that statement.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Most of our snow from yesterday is now gone. Still chilly out but the sun was out today.