Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 6 March 2013

Mild.

It has been very grey today but dry and still very mild. It was so warm that I didn't even bother taking a jacket or extra fleece when I went into work. It was my afternoon with the small children which I always enjoy, phonics and then handwriting followed by some singing and a story after play. After school we had a staff meeting where we tossed around lots of ideas to go with next term's topic- A Big Splash. It's good to have plenty of ideas to choose from in all areas of the curriculum  though most of my teaching is art based, life is so hard!
Driving in this morning the air was filled with the smell of Spring. The farmers are out muck spreading again. Not that bad a smell when it's cow muck but there is one farm I go past where they must keep pigs where it is best to keep the windows closed. One of my morning jobs was also somewhat whiffy. I won't go into too much detail but will only say that it is not the best idea to leave an egg in a coat pocket from last year. Then having discovered the egg by putting your hand into the pocket and breaking the egg it would have been better to clean said pocket straight away. Rubber gloves, disinfectant and the stream at the back of the house all aided the cleaning of the pocket and Stanley knife that was also in pocket. Procrastination does not pay!

No comments: