Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Feeling Better.

I am so glad to be able to say that my teeth, or at least my jaw bones, are settling down at last. Everything was still very painful last night and having woken at 4.30 I stayed up until 7.00 to take a final dose of painkillers. Since then, although my jaw where the tooth was taken out is still sore the pain is manageable and best of all the pain in the rest of my mouth has subsided. I was really worried that it was a sign of problems with yet more teeth. At the moment it is painful to smile and I can only produce a weird half-grimace but that will have to do.
The weather today has been swinging from sunny and warm under bright blue skies to cold grey clouds and heavy sleet and hail showers. I arrived to school in a shower of hail with all the children running around excitedly trying to collect the hail stones.

On my way home I stopped to buy some fresh eggs from this box. There is still a lot of extra traffic on our back road due to the Muddiford road being closed for repairs.
Looking down the lane the sun was shining through the edge of the weather front which once more was dropping sleet down on me.
 A little further up the hill I stopped to take in the view of the sun shining down on the sea.
I had to stop at the top of the drive to collect the emptied re-cycling box. I'm pretty sure that the white on the Exmoor hills was hail rather than snow. 
And the day finished off with a pretty pink sunset. 

No comments: