Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 22 March 2013

Ta-Dah !

At last, I've had my tattoo done and I do think it has turned out rather well. I chose the inside of my wrist because I can see it easily but I can cover it up with a towelling sweat band when I'm at work. It hardly hurt at all though I had taken my strong pain killers to keep the tooth pain under control. (The swelling is slowly subsiding though last night my bedtime painkillers didn't seem to work and I had to wait until 2.00 to take another dose. Not so good when I had to get up at 6.30.)
The tattoo parlour is in the half-timbered cottage on the other side of the music sign. This is one of the old streets in Barnstaple that dates back to ......... um, well the olden times. There are some almshouses a little further along the street which were founded in 1627 and are still used to provide accommodation for the elderly and needy of the parish.
The heavy rain came in today which was not good news for school as we were all due to walk The Pilton Mile around the grounds of the local secondary school in aid of Comic Relief. We ummed and aahed over going until 5 minutes before our setting off time when there was a lull in the rain which luckily lasted for the whole of our walk. The children from the junior school actually run the mile mile but we just amble in a raggedy crocodile. That and finishing Easter hats took up my morning. It took about an hour and a half to do the tattoo then I dropped into a few shops on my way down the High Street to the car park on the other side of town. I hadn't been sure how long the tattoo would take so I didn't want to take the chance of an £80 fine for overstaying in the free parking by Lidl's.
PS Although I wouldn't call Barnstaple a small town I wasn't surprised that Tom, the guy who did my tattoo knew Linas through his skateboarding. The girl who sat in to watch as part of her training was, until recently an art teacher at one of the 2 secondary school which is kind of a link and Peter tells me she is going off to teach English in Lithuania which is more of a coincidence than a link.

No comments: