Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 28 March 2013

Snow Again.

Peter tells me it was like a winter wonderland at 5.00 this morning but I wasn't awake at that time. 
By 10.00 the oil tanker had been down and topped up the oil tank that feeds our hungry Rayburn. The delivery man told me that most people were having much bigger top-ups but we've continued with the heating on for an hour in the morning and evening and it hasn't been too bad. 
The snow melted rapidly in the sun and by the time I left for work at lunchtime the snow only remained in the shaded corners. 
Naturally when I arrived at school it was warm and sunny with children sitting outside eating their lunches on the No-mow. It was the last afternoon of the term and we had a relaxed time with a lot of the children spending their afternoon outside. We do set up independent learning activities for them and many of them were keen to try out the new basket ball hoop that has been put up outside the hall.
Coming home there was not a scrap of snow to be seen. It would be nice to have a bit of warm weather for the Easter holiday. Here in the UK we are experiencing the first effect of global warming as a worsening and cooling down of our weather. That's due to a shifting of the Gulf Stream, which previously kept us warmer in the winter. My, aren't we the lucky ones.

No comments: