Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 15 March 2013

Hospital Visit.

As forecast the weather changed and it began raining last night. I'm so paranoid about the drive washing away that I got up at 1.00, put on waterproof trousers, coat and hat over my pj's and went out to pull the wood across the road. When I got up there I could hear the sound of water rushing down into the gully I've created in Paul's field. With my failing torch I pulled a second piece of wood across the road and plugged the gaps with soil. This was all during a handy lull in the rain but when I got back to bed the downpour started up once more. It has continued to rain and be miserable all day. I went up mid-morning to check on the wood and found that someone ? had driven over it pushing the wood out of place.
I had an appointment at the hospital in Exeter this afternoon and I was glad of Peter's offer to drive me down. I'm not in much of a mood for browsing clothes shops at the moment and in the rain? No way! The high cost of fuel makes driving the same price as train and bus tickets combined with the car park charge but it was nice to be driven along the scenic old Exeter road. I was off to the hospital to see my back consultant to see what my options are for my leg pains. He reviewed my latest MRI scan and thank goodness did not mention  a bulging disc but there is another pinch point slightly higher up my spine. So the next step will be a nerve block at that point to check if that's where all my leg pain is coming from and if it is then back for another round of spinal decompression (shaving off some of the bone that is pinching the nerves). It would be so good to be able to sleep without the aid of medication. Last night I tried going without the co-codamol but gave in at 3.45. The soreness and pins and needles are not terribly painful so I can cope with them during the day but they prevent me from sleeping which does wear me out. 

No comments: