Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Sunny.

It's been an absolutely glorious day. Even with the first few clouds coming in this evening it still felt like a summer's day. When I walked into my class for the afternoon half the girls were in the cloakroom taking off their vests that their mothers had made sure they wore under their t-shirts. Out at afternoon playtime there was only an occasional child wearing their sweatshirt. It is due to get greyer and wetter soon so we let the children have a bit longer running around in the sun. 
My day started with an early visit to town. I was meeting friends for coffee (and cheesecake) and I wanted to get some other jobs done too. Having got myself organised I arrived at the Post Office to find this is the one day of the week when they don't open until 9.30 so off I went to the library to find that 9.30 is when they open but by that time I only had 5 minutes to wait so I sat outside in the sun. Back to the Post Office via the health food shop but I couldn't get my oat bran then because they don't open till 10.00! My route through town took me through the Pannier Market twice. Today it was craft and farmers' stalls. Tables covered with home-made jams and pickles, the lavender lady with her piles of scented lavender and sachets, tempting silver jewellery and Johnny Kingdom selling his wildlife photos to name but a few. (I've got a tv programme about Johnny off to watch Alaskan bears  saved on the Sky box which I should watch. He's such a character.) Back at the Post Office I got most things done though the licence renewal couldn't be posted because I have to send a cheque with it. A lovely chat with my friends as we put the world to rights and then a fun afternoon of art.
I'm pretty keen on most graffiti and that's not my tag, honestly. This was in the sheepskin shop car park where I had parked. The sheepskin shop hasn't been there for years, it's an antiques reclamation place now, but it takes a long time for me to rename places. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

What a beautiful blue sky!!