Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 10 March 2013

Snow.

It's a bitter-sweet day today. I have felt quite down but was incredibly touched by Romas sending not only a card but some handmade chocolates. And he made sure they arrived by sending them by special delivery.  He phoned me too so we had a nice chat. Vytas phoned this evening. It was already Monday morning for him and he was on a bus on his way to work. He and Sally went to Hobbiton on Saturday and I can't wait to see the pictures.
After the recent warm weather it was a shock to look out of the window at lunchtime and see snow falling. Technically it was sleet because it wasn't settling but there were great big snowflakes drifting down. Right now it has turned to icy rain, brr! Peter has gone out for his first row with the club, not exactly the right weather for being out on the river. (Just returned home at 7.00 so I guess he had a good time.)
I've been trying to work out what to do with my LOTR canvas prints. I knew exactly where I wanted to hang them but the electrical detector gadget didn't show precisely where the cables go but simply ruled out a large area around the sockets. Normal protocol is to have the cables going vertically from the sockets to the ceiling or the floor but in this house some things have been done in such a random way I didn't want to take a chance. It would be just my luck to nail into a live cable. Then, in one of my late night thinking sessions I came up with an idea. As the walls are bare painted plaster and the canvases are very light could I stick the picture hooks to the wall using my glue gun? I tried it and it worked. So finally, job done. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Happy Mother's Day.
As you probably know Mother's Day here is in May.