Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 17 March 2014

Dry.

There was a touch of blue in the sky this evening but for the rest of the day it was more grey - I think. I say I think because I've been working with the reception children all day and I can truly say that it has been non-stop from start to finish. One challenging little lad spent the whole day relentlessly trying to acquire a pair of trainers from other children's pe kits or even from other children's feet. He just did not want to wear his own trainers which have special supportive insoles which he needs to wear. We ended up having to use the high up bolt on the door to keep him in class. At the same time we were working with groups of children who were painting large boxes, with enthusiasm, to make wolf-proof houses for the 3 Little Pigs. In spite of painting aprons I was still wiping paint from children's faces, hair, legs, shoes and clothing and had to rinse out one brand new dress at lunch time. And we were one adult short today as a student helper had called in sick. Needless to say my day flew by.
I was able to leave school by 4.15 so I had time to buy fresh fruit and veg and then have a stroll around the garden once I got home. 

No comments: