Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 5 March 2014

Spring-Like.

The radio said that Scotland and the SW would have rain today but we've had a most spring-like day. Early morning mist gave way to a warmish if grey day. I was getting on with a bit of weeding when Sarah brought Coral up to the little field. I wandered up and we had a chat about horses and life in general. Sarah was a bit concerned that Coral would race and skid around in the field damaging the ground which is still terribly wet. Coral did have a little canter and threw a few exuberant bucks but then she ran out of puff. Sarah said that Coral had stopped 4 times on the way up the hill but she does need some exercise and she doesn't like going in the horse walker. It will be at least 4 weeks until she has her foal and we can all go Aaah. 
I had to tear myself away from the gardening to go in to work, as I drove in there are more and more primroses flowering in the hedgerows and in the town gardens pink camellias are flowering. Not my favourite flower but it is good to see a bit of colour. I worked with the Reception children in the afternoon and then we had a staff meting looking at levelling literacy in the different year groups.  No sooner do we get our heads around one levelling scheme then it is abandoned and we have to wait for the next version.

No comments: