Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 18 March 2014

Windy.

It has been a day of blue skies, fluffy white clouds and a strong wind. I've been at school again for the whole day which has confused my poor little mind and I kept thinking it was Wednesday. That's what happens when I change my routine. I kept thinking I was going to stay for a staff meeting this evening but that is tomorrow. On the other hand I really thought it was Mothering Sunday this weekend and was surprised to hear it is not until the 30th of March.
I taught the other Reception class this morning which I had been a little worried about as I've only been in there twice but somehow I remembered a lot of the children's names. They were also making wolf proof houses in groups but we had proper flat paint brushes which made the job easier. One group of 3 boys who couldn't decide if they wanted red or blue paint came to a compromise and said they were going to paint a pattern. In practice anyone with a red brush painted as much as they could including anything painted blue and vice versa. We had to have a discussion about that or they would have ended up with a splodgy purple house.
In the afternoon I was back with the Year 2s looking at the life of Malala Yousafzai and comparing her life in Pakistan with their lives. Many of the boys got very enthusiastic when  we came to a picture of some Taliban  with guns and even more enthusiastic about the fact that men tell women what to do. It took some annoyed comments from the girls before they agreed that maybe that wasn't a good thing. One thing they picked up on was that if boys and girls can't mix then how do you get a boyfriend? That seemed to be quite important to them. On Tuesday afternoons we end up with the whole school singing in the hall. That's good fun but as I sat and marked/stuck work in books after school I couldn't get one little tune, Somebody's waking up, sniff snuff. out of my head and I sang it most of the way home as well.
Vytas and Sally are now in Koh Tal, Thailand and about to start a PADI (diving) course. It's a hard life for some.

1 comment:

Ruta M. said...

Or that might be Koh Tao.