Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 24 March 2014

Grey and Cold.

I love having the whole day at home when there is time to take things easy get through the household jobs and some outside work. It was dry in the morning so I went out and cut all the smaller branches off the latest felled trees. I felt rather like a babushka as I carried armloads of branches across the garden with a warm scarf tied under my chin. Maybe the safety glasses were not quite in keeping but I don't fancy the idea of a twig in my eye. It's bad enough when the thin springy twigs slap me across the face. I even made a tiny start sawing the next tree. It's in an awkward spot so I think it will take a number of sessions before it goes down. The rooks are still making their racket and some of the chicks must have hatched because every now and again there is the most dreadful squealing from the nests as a adult arrives. Even if rain had not been predicted it would not have been a good day for hanging out washing as the muck spreader was out on Mr Lewis' field at the top of the hill. I may be a country girl at heart but I would not like to sleep on sheets perfumed with Eau de cow pat.
When the cold icy rain arrived this afternoon I got on with more housework and some school work too. In the kitchen this beautiful amaryllis is starting to flower. It was a present from a friend and it has been fascinating to watch the flower bud swell and slowly unfurl.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sometimes it's not a good day for hanging out the clothes. : )

I'm going to start out with some basil, oregano, dill, and parsley in my herb garden. I will be posting pictures. : )