Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Grey But Dry.

I spent most of this morning, once I had woken up, doing school work and other stuff on the pc. I also baked another batch of flapjacks for Peter. The smell of golden syrup and butter melted together is just yummy and I did indulge in a little scraping out of the saucepan before I washed it up. Flapjacks must be one of the simplest things to make: melt butter, sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan, stir in oats and sultanas and then bake in a silicone cake tin for about 25 mins. 
At school my Year 2 class were making notes about themselves so that was not too hard for any of them. Afterwards I had 2 pieces of work to stick in each book as the children also completed the title page for this half term's work on People Of the World. I'm getting pretty fast at sorting, marking and sticking. 
After work I went into town to the usual places and to buy another tin of the fence paint to complete the painting of the shelter ceiling. Shock, Horror! they did not have that colour on the shelf. Worse still there was not even a ticket on the shelf for that colour. Hoping that they would still be stocking the colour I needed I went up to the customer services and luckily after a bit of looking on the computer the girl was able to order me the colour I wanted. Now all I have to do is wait for a phone call.

I saw this watch at the jewellers and had one of those must have moments. It was hard to chose from the selection of brightly coloured soft strap watches but a lot of my clothes are black (just like Queen Victoria as a child pointed out last week), so I picked this one. At £19 it wasn't too expensive either. I usually buy my watches at a little cheap shop but I haven't seen anything I really liked to replace my old pink £5 watch which is getting rather scruffy. 

No comments: