Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 11 March 2014

Mostly Sunny.

I was asked to teach all day today so it was an early start to the day. Luckily I had a good night's sleep so it wasn't too much of a shock to the system. The good weather continues and some of the children had remembered to bring their sun hats to school. I have to say that was something I didn't think of it being so early in the year. There were the usual IT gremlins at work again, an attachment that wouldn't open on my ailing pc at home also failed to work on my school lap-top (which I keep in school) or on the class lap-top so I couldn't  put it up on the whiteboard. In the end the class teacher had to open it up on her lap-top in the staff room and we printed off the sheets and enlarged them to A3. What a palaver! That was for a morning of maths which went well. In the afternoon I showed the children a power point about the girl the school sponsors in Kenya with photos from a similar rural life in Uganda. I debated whether to show the brown and white rabbit which looked like a pet but was destined for the pot but did as food is food and if you eat meat then animals are killed. There was a little gasp of horror but I quickly went on to show cows and piglets and I don't think anybody was upset. The thought of 130 children in a class or being hit by the teacher if you didn't behave was more of an eye opener for my class.
I was saved my usual sticking job after school as we have some very sensible and capable students on work experience in school this week and our lass stuck all the work in while I was with the children in the hall for singing. I still had to go through and mark the work but that didn't take long. That gave me a chance to nip into town, change my library books and drop into the health food shop. 
As I drove home it was getting more overcast but there was a subtle pinkness to the evening sky. 

No comments: